Monday, July 9, 2012

My Diagnoses

May 2012 my life changed.  For the past 2 years I have prayed for an answer as to why my stomach hurts, major back pain, extreme nausea, sometimes vomiting, weight loss, stomach spasms, hurting each and every time I ate and major pressure of fullness.  I finally got my prayers answered.  Although it wasn't the answer I wanted to hear.  I was diagnosed with Gastroparesis.  Its a stomach disease with no cure.  Currently I am taking a medication that is not FDA approved, Domperidone.  It helps with the nausea and stomach spasms but doesn't help with the pain and discomfort.  Gastroparesis... huh... doesn't sound too terribly bad... wrong!  Think about this... it feels as if you have a stomach flu... for the rest of your life!  Doesn't sound appealing does it.  Every day is different.  There is no way to get used to it.  One day your okay... the next, you wish you didn't even wake up.  I often wonder why me?  Why did I get this rare stomach disease?  What did I ever do to deserve this? I decided to do this blog to perhaps help others understand what every day life is living with Gastroparesis, perhaps to help build awareness to others or perhaps help someone who is dealing with the same condition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment