Thursday, July 19, 2012

With Gastroparesis there is always a scare of foods not being digested or in the stomach too long.  Undigested food can cause bacteria to grow.  I was told I couldn't eat any type of skin on fruits and vegetables.  Imagine, no potato skins, green beans, broccoli, corn, grains, lettuce, etc.  Limit myself on dairy products, fatty or fried foods and meats.  Limit myself on fiber.  So what do I eat?  Its not like I can stop eating.  Its almost like a guessing game.  If I eat this, will I hurt?  What about this? What about that?  I miss food. Being able to eat and not hurt or worry how long it will stay in my stomach before I completely digest it.  There are many times I just take a chance on foods.  Things that I miss and would love to experience the wonder taste.  Sounds silly doesn't it?  I recently decided to eat fried cat fish for dinner.  Finished up around 7pm.  It was good, until 2:30 am when I woke up with my mouth full of saliva and had to run to the bathroom to vomit.  It was then that I realized the food I consumed over 7 1/2 hours ago was not digested.  Sad to think, what used to be a pleasure eating food is now my worse enemy.  

1 comment:

  1. I wish they had an answer for you. I worry about you every day. When we go out to eat I don't necessarily ask you what you want to eat but rather what do you think will hurt you the least. I would take it all away if i could.

    ReplyDelete