Tuesday, September 4, 2012

After 30 min from waking up this morning, I started getting really dizzy to the point of holding on to the walls so I won't fall, along with massive abdominal pain.  I wasn't sure how I was going to be able to handle this morning.  Taking my son to school, getting ready for work, working 4 hours until my doctors appointment but I knew I had to keep pushing myself to keep going.  I couldn't call into work and say I can't come in, especially since I got a promotion.  I spoke to my family doctor, made an appointment for 2pm.  All morning I tried to not think about the dizziness and the pain.  As the morning passed, I noticed I wasn't as dizzy and the pain had decreased, Thank God!  Finally arrived at doctors office.  After having 2 vials of blood draw, urine sample and speaking to my doctor, it was determined that I have IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome).  Apparently my spastic colon is working too hard and needed me to have a wake up call.   So not only do I have Gastroparesis, now I have IBS too.  Wonderful, sarcastically speaking of course.  My doctor gave me some samples to help calm my nerves to my colon.  Not sure if they will help or not.  I guess like everything else we shall see...  

1 comment:

  1. So sorry Sherry. I know what it's like dealing w multiple issues. I have fibromyalgia and suspect lupus and there has been mention of IBS,not IBD. OR my tummy issues could just be because of all the freaking medication I'm already on!! It is very disheartening to know that as young as we really are our bodies think we are so much older. I have down days and have been having a hard time with all of this, and I can tell you have. Oc think the only thing we can do is push through it and hope that these crazy dr.s can help ease our pain and suffering. Also, having someone or a group to be supportive helps tremendously. Good luck and god bless.

    ReplyDelete